Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rewarding Moments

Teaching has those very rewarding moments that reminds you that what you are doing is having an effect. There are several other PCVs that are teaching class one, two and three and a few teaching remedial. I will occasionally call or read their blogs to find out what they are doing so I can steal/borrow their ideas. They have a vast knowledge of different activities that I can definitely use with my kids.
This past week I was re-teaching counting 1 to 5, Ok I have taught counting for the whole year. I wanted to do something different than writing on the black board. I took the kids on the walkway outside the class. Who wants to sit inside a class all day.
I wrote their names and numbers 1 to 5 with chalk. I have a good friend in town that I had asked her to keep all of the bottle caps of the sodas she sells. We used those bottle caps for the kids to put the caps on top of the chalk numbers that I wrote. They kids were enjoying themselves. 

Daniel

Ruth


Witney

W Ouma

David

Meshack

Benjamin

Linda

Jacob


Follow up to possible South Africa trip. Senior Peace Corps staff discussed the issue at length and decided that only two PCV will be given clearance to go. I am not one of the two that are going. This of course is not the news I wanted to hear. 

Map project.
It is hard to believe after nearly 4 to 5 weeks the map is drawn on the wall. There were several kids that helped in drawing. I envy their drawing ability, they are really efficient and good. I hope in the next few days to start painting the individuals.


No comments:

Post a Comment